About the role
As a Gameplay Programmer at Tarsier, you’ll join a team in a unique position: Developing our new franchise following in the footsteps of award winning Little Nightmares. Our teams are small and we listen to our developers; you can influence where we head with our games through your passion for quality gameplay.
You’ll work in a cross-disciplinary team to develop the team’s ideas into playable mechanics, features and systems and polish them to excellence. You understand what quality gameplay means and can feel what the game wants. You like solving problems in a team and experimenting with new ways to make the game better for the players.
What we offer:
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Fridays, and we play games together in the game room. Sometimes we even grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing high-quality gameplay systems and mechanics in cross-disciplinary teams
- Actively sharing your ideas, knowledge and passion for the games we make
- Participating in code reviews and helping to ensure a high level of quality in our code bases
- Adhering to and actively influencing best practices and processes
- Being a positive and professional influence to our team and the company
We believe that you are:
- Experienced in C++ programming (3+ years professional experience)
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Unreal Engine 4
- Able to work well in a multidisciplinary and iterative environment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Willing to relocate to Malmö, Sweden (or commute within the area)
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Developed atmospheric or action adventure games
- Other game engine experience
- Shipped games for PC or current generation consoles
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.