About the role
As a Cinematic Artist at Tarsier, you'll join us in an exciting phase as we are developing our new franchise following in the steps of award winning Little Nightmares. You would work closely with our art team and Narrative Director, creating striking cutscenes and working out how to tell the story of the game visually.
You'll be an important contributor to finding the style and essence of the storytelling in our new game, getting the chance to work on interesting and unique stories with a devoted team.
What we offer
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Fridays, and we play games together in the game room. Sometimes we even grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
Your responsibilities will include:
- In charge of the cutscenes and other cinematic events of the game
- Solving and figuring out how to tell the story in the game in collaboration with the narrative director
- Close collaboration with the art and animation department
We think you are:
- A strong collaborator
- A self-going and driven artist
- Familiar with cinematography
- Familiar with the basics of working in an engine (blueprint, lighting, post-effect work, cinematic camera, and level sequencer)
- Experienced in making visual cutscenes for the games-, film- or TV-industry
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Passionate about telling stories
It's a plus if you also have:
- Simple concept skills for storyboards and other previz work
- Familiar with 3D modelling
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.