About the role
As a Level Designer at Tarsier, you will be working on our new franchise following in the footsteps of award-winning Little Nightmares, together with a passionate, interdisciplinary team. Your main responsibilities will include creating white-boxed level environments, as well as designing and implementing encounters, situations and puzzles. Although self-sufficiency is important in this position, you will still be working closely with the rest of the design team, so feedback and collaboration will also be important aspects of your day-to-day work.
What we offer:
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Fridays, and we play games together in the game room. Sometimes we even grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
We believe that you are:
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Experienced developing levels in a professional engine environment (e.g. Unreal Engine)
- Knowledgeable in level design fundamentals and general game design methodologies
- Able to design compelling game environments
- Able to develop clean and easy to read whitebox geometry, meticulously designed spaces and satisfying level flow
- Experienced working in a team environment
- Solution oriented
- Structured & organized
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- A couple of shipped titles under your name
- A strong eye for composition and an understanding of what makes a good level from an artistic point of view
- Experience working with level design in Unreal Engine
- A formal game related education
- Knowledge about 3D modelling
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.