About the role
Working as a VFX Artist at Tarsier, you will be working on our new franchise following in the footsteps of award-winning Little Nightmares, together with a passionate team and your VFX mentor. The main responsibilities of the role include making special effects for events and environments and setting up easy to use systems for things that can be used all over the game.
For this position, it is important that you have a good sense of aesthetics and timing, and that you have experience working with real-time VFX.
What we offer:
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Fridays, and we play games together in the game room. Sometimes we even grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
We believe that you are:
- Experienced working professionally as a VFX Artist in the games industry
- Interested in technology
- Experienced working with optimization
- Comfortable working in Maya
- Familiar with Unreal Engine (particularly in blueprints, materials and particles)
- Proficient in spoken and written English
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Experience with other auxiliary software such as Houdini, After Effects, Substance Designer, Photoshop etc.
- Experience scripting in Python
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.