About the role
As a Lead Level Designer at Tarsier, you will be working on our new franchise following in the footsteps of award-winning Little Nightmares, leading a passionate, interdisciplinary team. Your main responsibilities will include managing and leading the level design team, creating white-boxed level environments, as well as designing and implementing encounters, situations and puzzles. For this role, we highly value an inclusive leadership style, the ability to both provide and receive constructive feedback, and strong problem-solving abilities.
What we offer:
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works hard on making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Wednesdays, and we play games or music together in the jam room. Sometimes we grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
We believe that you are:
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Experienced as a Level Designer (5+ years)
- Comfortable working in Unreal Engine
- Skilled in Level Design fundamentals and have examples showcasing it
- Able to develop clean and easy to read whitebox geometry with meticulously designed spaces and satisfying level flow
- Skilled in designing strong gameplay encounters, scenarios and puzzles
- Knowledgeable in general scripting and UE blueprint
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- A couple of shipped titles under your name as a senior or lead level designer
- A strong eye for composition and an understanding of what makes a good level from an artistic point of view
- A formal game related education
- An affinity for architecture
- Knowledge about 3D modelling
Applicants must hold a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship or valid work permit for Sweden as we are unfortunately unable to support relocation from outside the EU at the moment.
This position is based full time onsite in our office in Malmö. The employment will start with a probation period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.