About the role
Working as Build Engineer at Tarsier, you will be working on our new franchise following in the footsteps of award-winning Little Nightmares, together with a passionate, interdisciplinary team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining continuous build system, including automated packaging, deployment and testing
- Implementing improvements to build framework, packaging and deployment workflow
- Close collaboration with QA and production to ensure high quality releases
- Resolving and monitoring build issues
- Collaborating with IT to maintain the build infrastructure
- Support with administration of the version control systems and implementing branching strategies with key contributors
- Integrating development tools into the build, packaging, testing and releasing infrastructure
- Coordinating with the production team to manage build configurations and build deployment activities
- Collaborating with Producers for archiving source files and builds throughout the project to produce the final archive of a project
- Being self-sufficient is important in this position, however you will still be working closely with the rest of the Tech-team. Feedback and collaboration will therefore also be important aspects of your day-to-day work.
What we offer:
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to work onsite; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Fridays, and we play games together in the game room. Sometimes we even grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.
Our benefit package includes:
- Insurance (life, occupational injury, health care support, sick leave)
- Health contributions and check-ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of vacation
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
We believe that you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience as a Programmer or Build Engineer
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery platforms
- Working experience with version control systems
- Experience as Developer of command line tools
- Strong technical abilities, experience with Python (or similar)
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Willingness to locate to Malmö, Sweden
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with TeamCity
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Working experience in a full game production cycle
- Shipped at least one game for current platforms
- Experience with the Windows environment
Applicants must hold a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship or valid work permit for Sweden as we are unfortunately unable to support relocation from outside the EU at the moment.
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period.
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you!